Color: collegiate red/running white/collegiate royal
Walking through the streets of Hong Kong one will quickly notice the three predominant colors red, white and blue. Apart from the reminders of the city’s colonial past, it is the ubiquitous nylon carry bags that add to the impression. These humble bags — and the nylon fabric they are made from — have become an iconic part of Hong Kong culture. They are on sale at any of the countless street markets and red, white and blue tarps are a common sight at construction sites and market stalls. It is a hardy, versatile material and truly embodies Hong Kong’s industrious side.
As a perfect match for the ZX Flux, CLOT has opted for a nylon-fabric upper and decked out the shoes in this bold red, white and blue print pattern — subtly incorporating their signature logo into the design. Adding to the look CLOT chose blue heel counters, red laces and eyelets, a transparent Three Stripes branding on the sides, and clean gum soles.
- adidas Consortium release
- adidas x CLOT collaboration
- A homage to Hong Kong’s infamous “red, white, blue” nylon fabric – typically found on a bag or an awning
- Nylon upper with allover graphic print
- Subtly incorporating their signature logo into the design
- Breathable mesh lining
- Transparent Three Stripes branding on the sides
- TORSION® bar in midsole
- EVA midsole
- Gum outsole
- adidas logo tag on tongue