- adidas Consortium x Concepts collaboration
- Black suede and nylon upper
- Contrasting white detailing on medial side
- Plastic heel counter and medial midfoot cage
- Reflective mesh on toe-box and reflective piping on heel
- Wrap-around mid-foot/tongue construction
- Co-branded tongue labels
- Concepts lace jewel
- White boost™ sole with silver heel stabilizing unit
- Contrasting black outsole by Continental
- Green Torsion® bar
- ftwr white/red/core black
As a retail space, the first Concepts store in Cambridge, Massachusetts was way ahead of its time. Opened in 1996, it combined premium clothing and outerwear with sportswear and sneakers. This may sound like a familiar formula to footwear enthusiasts in 2016, but that is only because retailers like Concepts pushed the envelope and provided a blueprint for other stores to follow.
Consortium seeks to elevate models from the adidas fleet, and in collaborating with Concepts, they present the EQT Support 93/16 in its most luxurious form ever. They take the sneaker’s performance heritage, add a modern sole and give the shoe a makeover using premium materials topped of by subtle ennoblements such as gold accents and silver/reflective highlights.
Initially released in 1993, the original EQT Support provided runners with stability and comfort. Over the subsequent two decades it has evolved from a classic runner into a style staple. The significant shift with the 93/16 model is the inclusion of the boost™ sole, drafted in from adidas’ current running footwear. boost™ provides unparalleled comfort and contemporary lightweight cushioning. Although you probably would not want to trash these running, at least you know they would be seriously comfortable if you did.
Available in a black/white combination or sage with light pink stripes, both models come in soft suede with either a perforated toe-box or reflective mesh toe-box detailing.