- RELEASE UPDATE
- The Good Will Out x Asics collaboration "Koyo"
- Limited Edition
- Inspired by the colour of the Japanese autumn leaves
- Premium nubuck leather upper
- Structured leather panel with the haptic quality of a leave at heel
- Sockliner with all-over leave print
- Perforated toebox
- 3M details
- Special printed insole
- Special hangtag
- Special Koyo info card included
- Three pairs of extra laces (yellow/white, burgundy and burgundy/green)
- H41RK 2616
- Burgundy / dark grey
The Good Will Out (TGWO) x ASICS GEL-LYTE V ‘Koyo’ is inspired by the colour of the Japanese autumn leaves. Koyo is to the Japanese autumn what cherry blossoms (Sakura) are to spring. The viewing of the leaves (Momijigari) is a popular activity in Japan for centuries. The Koyo season starts in mid September on the northern island of Hokkaido and then moves to the south. Famous Koyo spots are Tohoku, Tokyo and Kyoto. Some trees around Tokyo and Kyoto remain colourful till early December.
The Koyo design uses three shades of dark red standing for the many red tones of the autumn leaves. Another colour is bright yellow, which originates from the yellow edges seen on fallen leaves. The red upper is made of premium nubuck leather. The heel features a structured leather panel with the haptic quality of a leave. The sockliner has a soft all-over-leave-print. It comes with 3 pairs of extra laces.