Color: violet helium
161965 01 55242
Only Built 4 Cuban Linx is the darling album of bearded cratediggers and bright-eyed youngsters alike, and widely considered one of the best conceptual hip-hop albums ever created. First released back in 1995, the album made its 20th birthday at the beginning of this month. As we know, sneaker culture and hip-hop are intimately intertwined, and as such, it only makes sense to commemorate a classic album with an equitably timeless silhouette. Here Packer Shoes brings Diadora and Raekwon together to create a special iteration of the N.9000, outfitted in a rich royal purple suede for the “Purple Tape” release.
As the name infers, the colorway refers to the original album cassette, which was done in purple to distinguish itself from other rap releases. From the co-branded tongue that nods to the “Parental Advisory” tag to the track listing on the footbed, to the “Side 1″ and “Side 2″ embroidery on the back heel, the “Purple Tape” might be one of the most detailed album-inspired sneakers released to date.
- Diadora x Packer Shoes x Raekwon collaboration
- Purple Tape
- Inspired by the soloalbum “Only Built 4 Cuban Linx" by Raekwon (Wu-Tang-Clan), published in 1995, which appeared at first on a purple tape.
- Made in Italy
- Premium suede and mesh upper
- Synthetic detail
- Label tag on tongue
- Embroidered 'Side 1' and 'Side 2' on back heel
- Embroidered date of release '1995' and heel
- Special insole with tracklist of the album
- Two extra pairs of laces (grey/purple)