Lodown Magazine - May / June 2014
Zeitschrift für Populärkultur und Bewegungskunst
COUNTDOWN TO BRAZIL ISSUE
- IAN STRANGE... is taking the ethics and aesthetics of the great Gordon Matta-Clark into the here and now.
- JÉRÔME ROMAIN... holds a mirror up to the public with his photorealistic paintings about debaucheries of today’s in-crowd.
- FINK... is releasing his long-awaited fifth studio album in July and gave us an exclusive tour through his mind and soul.
- DARREN ARONOFSKY... might have been the unofficial master of the feel-bad movie but entered new territory with “Noah“.
- SANDRA CHEVRIER... is a Montreal based artist who is producing stunning work that unites a feminine gaze with heroic expression.
- Plus: keep your eyes open for our elaborate feature on Brazil and its (pop) cultural significance including Frank Thiel, Alois Gstöttner, François Chastanet, Erik van der Weijde, Helge Tscharn and many others!