Svart is a Special Edition of Mutewatch made in collaboration with the swedish artist Jesper Nyrén. The product has details in gold and comes in a specially designed gift box featuring the pattern made especially for this collaboration.
Meet the Mutewatch, a new life management tool that takes the idea of time management, simplifies it and wraps it around your wrist. It lets you focus on what you're doing right now, by keeping track of what you need to do next. Its silent alarm notifies you by sending vibrations through the wristband. So you know when it's time to sum up, move on, or get going, without having to look at your watch.
The Mutewatch is designed to be simple and intuitive. Just tap the flat surface and the touch screen lights up, then swipe through the functions clock, alarm and timer. You set the time for your alarms by tapping directly on the digits – tap on the top of the digit for a higher number or on the bottom of the digit for a lower one. When you want to erase an alarm, simply pinch the touch screen. The Mutewatch also features a built-in motion sensor that registers your movement and automatically adjusts the strength of the vibrations. So, whether you're sleeping, on stage giving a presentation or doing your work out, the Mutewatch will keep you updated on your next step.
Display (Glowing perfection)
- LED display at 100 Hz rate
- Capacitive and easy-to-use touch screen
- Automatic adaptation to the surrounding light intensity for optimal glow
Model & Dimensions (The one size adjustable wristband)
- Total weight: 40 grams
- Minimal wrist size: 14 cm
- Maximal wrist size: 18,5 cm
- Bracelet width: 25.4 mm
- Bracelet thickness: 12.5 mm
Battery & Power (Energy management)
- Normally 1-2 weeks of operation depending on usage
- Device warns when battery level is low (by showing “BATT”)
- 2 hours charging (from USB-port) refills battery
- Enters into hibernation mode when battery is too low
- 1 week without usage automatically sets device in hibernation mode
- Plug device in USB-port to awaken from hibernation mode
- Device arrives in hibernation mode
Motion Sensor (Detection of your motion)
- High level of movement, triggers an increase in the intensity of the vibrating alarm
- A simple flick of the wrist activates the glowing display
Product Care (Give a little love)
- Hand wash
- Protect from strongly colouring substances (for example: soy sauce, tomato, jeans)
Software (Upgrade and move on)
- Mutewatch firmware can be upgraded via USB
- See webpage for news: mutewatch.com
Mutewatch is a Swedish company based in Stockholm. They work at the center of a constantly growing international network that includes people from the film, design, fashion and music industries as well as young entrepreneurs and professionals. They are driven by curiosity and have a simplistic and human approach to technology. This is why this network is the perfect place for them to develop and test our innovations and designs, letting them have a conversation about how they can adjust and improve their products.
Their goal is to develop products that give people the tools they need to manage their time in a sustainable way. They believe in the pursuit of dreams, ambitions and personal fulfillment - whatever they may be - and embrace the possibilities and opportunities of contemporary life. The Mutewatch works for everyone who has a set of tasks, a goal to achieve and only 24 hours a day to do so.
About Jesper Nyrén:
Jesper Nyrén graduated from the Royal Institute of Art in Stockholm in 2007 and has since then worked as an artist, conducting several one-man exhibitions and public pieces. An interest in the physical and linguistic potential within the art of painting dominates Nyrén’s artistry.
With history of abstract painting as his starting point, Nyrén explores the relationship between shape and content, between painting and architecture and between nature and construction. In everything from small intimate artworks to large formations, he creates situations in which the observer’s vision and curiosity is at the centre of attention.
Geometric shapes serve as a framework for Nyrén, where colour and material play a prominent role and where ideas can be moulded into the shape of signs and relationships rather than images.