In the early 90’s, running shoes were going through a design revolution. Stability and energy return were the talk of the town and molded pieces were being added to the simple EVA midsoles of the 80’s. At the same time, the video game industry was in the midst of its own revolution, with 16 bit systems introducing never before seen graphical capabilities and taking over from their 8 bit predecessors. The Saucony Originals Grid Games collection pays homage to the legendary footwear and video game breakthroughs of the era with tech inspired designs.
- Grid Games Pack
- Buttery suede, leather and synthetic mesh
- Upper incorporates a molded forefoot
- Quarter straps and reflective material at the heel
- Saucony’s landmark midsole cushioning system called G.R.I.D. (Ground Reaction Inertia Device)
- Shadow 5000 sole with an outer triangular lug system